7 Tips to improve oral health before bedtime
1. Brush Before You Sleep Brushing your teeth daily before you go to sleep protects your teeth against plaque and tartar build-up. This will, in turn, protect you from developing tooth decay or gum disease. If you are particularly vulnerable to decay, it is best to brush right after dinner and then before you go to bed. 2. Use the Right Brushing Technique While you already know the importance of brushing your teeth, you must use the right technique to reap maximum benefits. Brush your teeth at a 45 degree angle in relation to your gums. Use some short stroke to brush the outer surface of your teeth, followed by the inner surface and finally the chewing surface. Start with the backside as you move to the front.
3. Don’t Just Brush- Floss! Flossing helps in removing food debris from between the teeth that normal brushing could not. If you fail to floss, the hard to remove food debris between your teeth will lead to the formation of bacteria that will act on your teeth while sleeping.
4. Eat a Healthy Bedtime Snack Are you among the hundreds of thousands of people who need to treat themselves before they can go to sleep? Well, if you are among them, then make sure you take something healthy that will not affect your teeth. Foods such as carrots, apple,and calcium-rich nuts can increase healthy saliva production. Saliva helps in washing away harmful bacteria.
5. Rinse with Mouthwash Mouthwash is not only meant for fresh breath, but therapeutic mouthwash can also help in strengthening the teeth and prevent it from bacteria. Rinse your mouth with mouthwash every day before you go to sleep to prevent plaque and tartar buildup that will eventually cause gum disease.
6. Stop Grinding your Teeth You may be among the people who grind their teeth at night. Whether the condition emanates from anxiety, stress,or any other medical condition, you must seek a solution from your dentist. The best way to prevent the condition is by using a mouthguard. Visit your dentist for a customized mouth guard.
7. Visit your Dentist on a Regular Basis Be sure to schedule a regular dental examination and cleaning with your dentist. Your dentist will help you keep your teeth healthy and free from bacteria. They will also be able to catch any dental problem on its onset before it can become severe. Visit Prashanth Dental for routine Examination In addition to these oral hygiene tips, visit us at Prashanth Dental twice a year for routine dental examination and cleaning.This is important for ensuring that your teeth are as clean as possible and free from bacteria. We will make sure that your teeth are so clean and polished in a way that it will prevent more tartar and plaque from building up.